Sunday, January 6, 2008

Twilight Is Over


Originally written November 6th...
Twilight Is Over -A blog of sorts

I realize in some ways this is more for my amusement than others. I don't believe I spoiled anything...at least no more than was told to me before I read the book.

I'm not really sure if I should be thanking or cursing you all! I remember hearing Trisha say something on her blog or a forward or something a few months back about the next book in her favorite series coming out and how excited she was. I have always loved to read, just haven't found, or made, much time for it in a lot of years (probably 10-12). I was telling Alisa about this just tonight. I find movies more satisfying due to time restrictions. I pick up a book, I like it and I can't put it down until it is finished. It exhausts me. I stay up late and I don't get anything done. Movies you put on and they are over in 2 hours, you can even do house work or get ready or whatever while they are on. I have found books on CD to be awesome...especially while driving long distances, like Montana and less of a long distance, Vegas. I also can listen to them while driving to and from work and it makes traffic not seem so bad on the 101.

Not much crossed my mind about Twilight until it was brought up on Saturday, at lunch, after Travis going through the temple. Alisa made some comment about how her heart belonged to Jason, but her neck belonged to Edward. Who the heck was Edward?! I wasn't the only one that thought that was a strange comment. (sorry Alisa) I had planned to go to Seagull Book after the temple already, so after lunch I drove back to Seagull and looked for another book on CD. Twilight was 20% off. I thought, what the heck, but they only had it in paperback. A girl that worked there came over while I was contimplating and asked if I'd read it. I said no, she said, oh you have to read it. I said, well, there is only paperback and she said they were on the other side, only one left. I bought it with a couple books on CD and went on my marry way. I called Alisa to find out about people going to her house. Told her I bought the book and she asked if I bought all of them. I said no, I'd get the others later. For the next mile or 2 we talked about if I should turn around or not to get the other 2. Then she said that if I did she wanted me to get them for her too. For the next two miles we talked about Edward, how I'd want the other two and yada, yada, yada. Then I was at the last light before the 202...my last chance to turn around. I said "it is now or never, your last chance. Do you want me to turn around?" She said "do it". So, 5 miles later I'd drove myself in a circle back to Mesa and Main. I must have looked like a strange woman in that store, not leaving 10 minutes earlier and coming back to buy the last 2 books of the series for me and all 3 for her. They didn't have another Twilight out, but then someone said they may have some in the back. 10 minutes later a man came out with an armful of Twilight. So there I was...buying 5 books, 20 minutes after buying 1 other and 2 books on CD. Someone asked if it was Christmas. I just smiled and said no. I had a good laugh with myself driving to Alisa's. I even started a book on CD. Having no intention of starting Twilight anytime soon.

Saturday night came and I got VERY sick. I was sick in bed all day Sunday (minus going to probably the best Fast and Testimony meeting I've ever been too. At least the best I can remember!). I finished the book on CD after a long nap and then late Sunday night I picked up Twilight. What was I thinking?! I read a couple chapters, but was still so sick I went to bed at a decent time thinking work was going to be rough in the morning. Monday was not a good morning either. I slept in, called in sick and then picked it up again. I read pretty much until 3...minus a few moments here and there. I've never been one to stay in bed, even when sick. I usually turn the TV on and don't think much. I read more last night and then as soon as I got home from work I finished it. I didn't turn the TV on once from the moment I picked up Twilight, until I finished it.

I still need to do taxes...yes, the ones that were due in April...but don't worry, the IRS owes me money. I have made a pact that I will NOT open New Moon to read it until I am done with my taxes and they are in the mail to the IRS. However, that sure didn't stop me from going to the website tonight and reading everything else that I could, careful not to come across any spoilers from anything other than Twilight. I think most of the reason that taxes still aren't done is that I forget that they aren't. Now I have a bit of encouragement and an incentive to get them done!

While I'm not "in love" with Edward, the idea of Edward is very appealing. I could see falling in love with the "idea" of him. Despite what a lot of people think, my list of wants and needs in a husband aren't very long and I'm really not that picky. Lack of opportunity seems to be my downfall. However, after realizing a few things in this book I feel a little bad for the man that will at least be compared to Edward. I'm not sure that anyone can "live up" to a imaginary vampire. I'm a bit jealous of most all of you that have a personal "Edward" of your own that you can cuddle up to at night. I'm a bit frustrated and grateful that Nhan is in Alaska. I don't want Edward...I want my own "Edward", not one to share with the rest of the women, married and single, that are fantasizing about a vampire named Edward:). Who would have thought we all just couldn't get enough. She really is a very talented writer.

I realize that this may only be funny to me, but somehow in the last 48 hours I have gone from not understanding anything to not being able to get enough. I look forward to our little book reviews in the future. I also look forward to anyone finding a single "Edward" out there for me to meet! :) maybe kiss and ultimately fall in love with! :)

The end.

If you haven't started, or read, the Twilight series...you need to start! (by Stephenie Meyer)
I will post my thoughts on the other 2 books soon...

0 comments: