Saturday, January 26, 2008

Trip to Forest Grove, Oregon

I flew to Portland on Thurday evening to go and see Darren (my brother), Wendy (my sister in-law), Emily, Kayla, Taylor, Alex and Logan.


My flight was less than enjoyable due to a slight cold I'd just received. I've only felt that kind of pain a few times in my life and didn't enjoy it anymore this time than I had the others. It took 30 minutes to decend into Oakland, CA and every second became more and more painful. I was glad that nobody was sitting next to me on the flight as I could hardly stand to be alive. I seriously thought I'd lose my hearing and go insane. I did everything I could think of to help my ears pop, but nothing worked. I was holding my head in agony. By the time I was on the ground I could hardly hear anything, though the pain was subsiding by the minute. Thank heavens my flight out of Oakland was late because I called my brother and he suggested taking some Sudifed D to help relieve the pressure. The $2.50 pill was worth every penny and more. I only have 15 minutes of pain as I decended into Portland. Hey, that is half the amount of time! I'll take what I can get. Thank heavens for my neighbor on the second leg of the trip, as I was a little more prepared for the pain that I didn't realize was coming the first leg. My ears didn't pop until sometime after I went to bed that night, but I was happy they did. I swore I was yelling because I couldn't hear what I was saying. It was fun to laugh at...after the pain went away.


Darren picked me up at the airport and I got to experience slow Oregon drivers as we drove to Forest Grove. It was nice to get to visit with my brother one on one. The kids had Friday and Monday off from school due to the semester just ending...it was a mini vacation for all of us. This trip is part of my goals this year to be more supportive of those I love. Emily was cheering at a game and Alex and Logan were suppose to play in a basketball game, but it was cancelled due to freezing rain. We played Wacky Six, Solitare, watched movies and more. It was a bit cold, but I was prepared with almost all the sweaters that I own.


I had an amazing time. I got to know my nieces and nephews better, though I still have a hard time telling the twins apart unless they are looking right at me. I'd tell you the secret, but...it is a secret:). I felt a little better when Darren got who was coming along with us to the airport wrong. I also got to visit a lot with my sister in law, Wendy. It was a lot of fun and we had more than a fair share of laughs. I'm really glad I made the trip.


I will make better note of specific happenings in individual posts. I got a bit behind on this and I'm trying to catch up. I'm not sure that I like the way this reads, but I'll post it anyway. If you're reading this, you probably already love me and will forgive the fact that nothing makes sense to me at this moment:)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited and a little jealous that you got to go, what a fun trip. I'm glad you discoved the decongestant!