Saturday: I went to Jen Garbett's baby shower. She is having her first girl after having two boys. Wow did she get LOADS of pink! I think there was only one duplicate...amazing. It was also fun to see friends that I don't get to see very often, most of which have been her friends forever. Jen looks absolutely wonderful. Pregnancy looks great on her!
I will admit that I like baby showers MUCH more than bridal showers. The atmosphere seems to be lighter, at least for me. Makes me want to have a baby. Know any takers? Kidding, I'll go in the right order. What kind of example would I be if I skipped a step after all this time:)! Considering that most of my friends are all married, I think I only will have a couple more to endure. Yes, when you've been to as many bridal showers as I have been to while single, I have the right to say "endure". Well, at least until this batch of my young women start to have bridal showers. I say that with a smile and promise I am far from bitter. I really do think it is quite funny. Coming to terms with being and staying single really has made it easier for me to laugh about. Life is wonderful. I am blessed. Why should I complain?!
I ended the evening watching 27 dresses with my Mom and Laura. I think the really young guy next to me may have been flirting with me (though Laura had to point it out...I really don't go there when they are young enough to be my son). Though at first, when he first started talking to me, I assumed he was there with a girlfriend. It must have been his parents and sister as when everyone sat down his dad, or some older man, was sitting next to him. He must have forgiven me about my "getting bonus points for coming to this movie" comment because when it was over he told me "it actually was quite good".
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Jen's Shower
at 8:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
i really want to see 27 dresses, can you convince sam, he likes you!
girl...I should have known I would become BLOG material =) You are too kind...thanks for coming to the shower and for your kind comments...untrue but kind! =) Hope all is well, sounds like you are off having fun on vacation...and I agree with what you said, I can only imagine bridal showers are MUCH more fun for you than baby showers...frankly I would think both would torture me a bit since I would be jealous =) but you are a GREAT sport and good friend to support us all! Take care...and no baby yet, BUT SOON!!!!!!!!
I may be reading your comment wrong, but baby showers are actually MORE fun for me. I'm quite frankly TIRED of bridal showers. I'd say that the next one I'll go to is mine, but we all know that wouldn't be true:) Supporting people comes first, my comfort level comes second...
by the way nilda...I wrote that wrong and did mean to say bridal showers AREN"T as fun as baby showers like you had already said...I was probably having a pregnancy brain moment =) But, yes, we are on the same page =)
Post a Comment