Sunday, January 6, 2008

Emily's Wedding


One of my good friends from Montana, Emily, was married in the Mesa Temple on December 28th (she moved here in Aug. 06). Though I've only met her now husband, Enoch, twice, they surely fit together! It was so nice to be in the temple with her again. Especially on her special day.

It was a chilly day and I almost had to laugh when getting to the reception. It was mostly outside and the big thermometer said 40 degrees. There was Emily, smiling in her short sleeve wedding dress as if it were the mid 70's. Only a Montanan! Her blood obviously hasn't thinned as much as mine. She is a beautiful friend and made a very beautiful bride.

Emily amazes me! I met her when she came home to Montana after BYU because her mom had cancer. My first real experience with her was when we had an institute leadership meeting in Bozeman (almost 3 hours away) and we rode together. We laughed so hard and the laughs didn't stop there. When her mom died she took on the role of raising 2 of her sisters (I believe 12 & 14 at the time). I didn't get how strong she was until the funeral. Though I didn't know her mother, she must have been wonderful, because her children were/are amazing! After her sisters graduated from high school she eventually decided to move to Arizona. I'm sure Enoch is wonderful too, because if he weren't, he wouldn't have her!

2 comments:

Emily N. said...

Thanks, Nilda, for including me in your happenings. It was a truly wonderful day, and I am so glad that you could be there to share in it with us.

Thanks for your more than kind words and inspiration. let's do dinner sometime soon--we could always meet after work somewhere in Scottsdale or other place that works for you...

heidi said...

wow, that's so amazing, i couldn't imagine