Saturday, March 1, 2008

Congratulations Shawna & Eric

Welcome to the world Baby Jade!!! Congratulations Shawna & Eric. She is very precious. So very tiny. She was 7 lbs 6 oz. and 19" (I can't remember the other part of the inches). She looks so little compared to Kohlton (her cousin, Laura's youngest who will turns 1 on March 3rd). Hunter couldn't be a prouder big brother. He was happy about the gifts his baby sister gave him for being her big brother. Others remembered him too, it has seem to work well. My mom and dad stayed with him so that Eric could spend the two nights in the hospital with Shawna. Shawna is doing so well. I can hardly believe she just had a baby on Thursday. I have only been around 2 of my sisters when they've had babies...both make it look like it is another day at the office. Life goes on and moves forward. Laura went out to dinner the day after she had Nevaeh. Shawna and Eric are even having us over for dinner to celebrate Jade's birth on Sunday. Mom and dad are doing most of the cooking, but just thinking they want people around is amazing.
Shawna at her baby shower on the 23rd. Her room is done in sage and brown. I sometimes get confused and refer to her as Sage. Now that she is here, I haven't messed up once. Let's hope that I continue to get it right. Someone asked Shawna if they were going to name all their kids in shades of green. It wasn't planned, but they could. Hunter and Jade. Next maybe they will have a Sage:-)

I had my family over for dinner on the 24th. Shawna wanted her toes done before going in to the hospital...so I did her toes. Every woman about to give birth should have pretty toes! The picture below was the same day as they were leaving.

1 comments:

heidi said...

congrats to them, i'm glad to hear everyone is doing so well