Saturday, March 1, 2008

Breathing Easy

So after 2 weeks of not being able to breathe, I am finally better. I was given a prescription for an antibiotic when I went to the doctor (day two), but he said to only use it if it got worse. While I couldn't breathe, it didn't feel I was getting worse until about a week later. I felt like my lungs were more weighed down and I was tired of feeling like I was breathing through a straw. I didn't cough as much, but I definitely wasn't better. I had used an inhaler more in that 2 weeks than all the other times I've used one in my life put together. I can't say it helped much, or maybe it did and it would have been worse without it. I hate drugs. I'd rather just not take them. Then there are antibiotics. The last time I took them it was I think 4 times a day for 10-14 days. This time they gave me a Z-pak. I can handle that. 2 pills the first day and 1 a day for the next 4 days. I didn't even have time to forget. I only had to remember when I got home for 5 days. It works for 5-10 days after you are done taking it. I was a little worried when I took the last pill and still felt like there was a lot of crud that was still making it difficult to breathe well. However, just like they say, over the next week I got much better. I now feel back to normal and couldn't be happier!!! Just in time too...Welcome to the world Baby Jade!!!

2 comments:

heidi said...

congratulations..... on being... healthy! finally

Nilda Noel said...

Thank you. I'm pretty excited myself!