I'm redoing my dining room chairs. It took me 4 fabric stores and 75+ miles of driving to find this fabric, but I LOVE IT! With new and thicker foam and a darker fabric, they look like new chairs. One down, only 5 more to go. Here is the before and after shot.
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Chair Project
at 9:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
i LOVE it, way to go
oh my...i need to do this SOOOOOO bad...was it easy? I think it's just stapling right?? I have old stained white fabric on my dining chairs and I keep wanting to redo them. Where did you end up getting the fabric? I was thinking Home Fabrics in Phoenix or Mesa, I've gotten Curtain fabrics from them before. Maybe I will just have to invite you over when you are done with yours so you can share your expertise with me...sadly though, recovering dining chairs hasn't even come CLOSE to making the to do list...someday someday!
Actually it is very easy, just time consuming. This is the very reason I still only have one done. I did it about 10 years ago with a different dining set. My priority now is taxes. I'll get them done by the end of April. I got the fabric at Joann's and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! Use a 50% off coupon to make it more reasonable. I also got the new foam there. In the end it'll cost me under $100...which is pretty good for 6 chairs. If you want help, let me know. That will give me the excuse I need to catch up with you and actually see your daughter for more than 2 seconds.
Post a Comment