Traditionally on Memorial Weekend I go camping with the Belnap's. We have stayed at the Moqui Campground up near Blue Ridge Reservoir for the past 4 years. Normally it is quite beautiful and we even have to search for shade in the afternoon to get out of the sun. Well...not this year. As we got closer and could see the snow on the ground we were a bit worried. I took Neveah with me and Shawna, Hunter and Jade came with us too. When they asked where I wanted my tent when we got there I asked where would I get the most sun. Due to the wind situation at night, being in the trees was still the best option. So day one, just after I got my tent set up...this is what it looked like...

It really is quite beautiful and I love how the flash made the snowflakes glow. Unfortunately, this is
definitely NOT camping weather in my book.

This Montana girl has had more than her fair share of snow. BUT...camping and snow don't go together in my book.
Nevaeh was none too impressed either. She kept asking to go home. She sat on my lap a lot and didn't want to wear her coat...which she needed. We compromised at times and put her in layers and her rain jacket. See below for her cute rain boots. They were so much easier to clean than tennis shoes.

I think once the kids realized it was going to snow off and on with rain and sleet and small moments of none of the above, but certainly not sunshine either, they decided to come out of their trailers, which then became fun for Neveah.

I guess this picture doesn't show up as well on here, but she had the cutes rain jacket and boots on and just kept
trekking around. There were still many moments of cuddling by the fire on my lap, but she at least would venture off to play off and on.

This is Baby Jade. She was in the tent and then all of a sudden her hat wasn't on her head, it was on her face. She didn't even cry. My camera wasn't used much, due to the rain, so this is the only picture I have of her this trip.

So Saturday afternoon, about the time I decided to stay because
Nevaeh was actually having fun and no longer begged to go home, Shawna decided that she was none. I don't really blame her. She had a 2 1/2 year old and a 2 1/2 month old and Eric was at home.
Nevaeh had some not so nice words to say to me when I told her we were leaving. I understood what it must have been like for a 4 year old to finally be having fun and then her aunt telling her we were going home. She was a fighter on the way home...right up until she crashed. It took some coaxing to get Hunter to let her sleep, but soon they were both sleeping. The night before had been a rough one that led to little sleep for most of us.
Nevaeh still stayed the night with me Saturday at my house, to finish our special weekend. We put up the tent and washed that nasty, muddy, wet tent out in the backyard. She had a lot of fun playing in it. I felt bad for leaving, but was sure happy to be warm!
1 comments:
yea, i heard it was snowing that weekend for you guys, i was so surprised to hear that
Post a Comment