May 31, 2007 - June 9, 2008
*
They had this thought in the relief society room where the memorial video was played. They had photo albums, scrapbooks and other framed pictures of Daxton there too. I love this thought...
*
The surest way to have Heaven in your home
Is to have someone from your home in Heaven.
*
They also had a framed poem with a picture of the Savior's hand holding an infants hand with the following poem below it...
*
LITTLE HANDS
Little hands held mine -
sweet tender touch!
So brief the time
Thy gift of love
was given me
before those hands
returned to Thee.
Dear Savior, hear
my heartfelt prayer.
Keep them safe
within Thy care
until the time
Thy gift can be
those little hands
restored to me.
*
Another quote that touched me:
Another quote that touched me:
*
The Lord takes many away, even in infancy, that they may escape the envy of man, and the sorrows and evils of this present world; they were too pure, too lovely, to live on earth; therefore if rightly considered instead of mourning we have reason to rejoice as they are delivered from evil, and we shall soon have them again" - Joseph Smith, TPJS pg. 197
*
Daxton, I never met you on this earth, but I love you and I have been touched by your spirit and by the spirit of your very special parents. God Speed Little Man...You are a Child of God.
Daxton, I never met you on this earth, but I love you and I have been touched by your spirit and by the spirit of your very special parents. God Speed Little Man...You are a Child of God.
*
The picture above reminds me to look towards heaven. We are never alone. He is always there...in good times and in bad. He will help us through our trials. He will comfort us when needed and give us strength when we cannot find our own. I'm so grateful for a testimony of the Plan of Salvation and of the Atonement. I'm grateful to have the Gift of the Holy Ghost and to be able to feel comforted in hard times. I'm so blessed and grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ.


3 comments:
Oh my goodness Nilda. I cried and cried when I read your post. I'm so grateful that God has a plan for his children. You are so good at supporting your friends. They are lucky to have you.
Thank you Rachel. Sure puts life into perspective, doesn't it. I'm so grateful to know of the truthfulness of the Gospel. Can you even imagine life without it? I'm glad I don't have to.
I really liked that first quote, I had never heard it before. This was a very nice tribute.
Post a Comment