It was a bit chilly that night. It had rained before we got there and most of the youth slept on a tarp on the ground. In the morning it was difficult at best to get out of the sleeping bag...which you can see that most of the youth just didn't do.
I had so much fun on the ride up and that morning hiking in. I can't put the proper words to the fun I had on Thursday down in the canyon. My love for the canyon has nothing to do with playing in water. It has to do with the beauty that surrounds me and the deepening of bonds that happens every time. My favorite moment with the youth was laughing that night after dinner with the group about some of our girls flirting with boys and the girls being put in the hot seat. We laughed so hard hearing our past Bishop (Ames) and our new Bishop (Williams) give the girls a hard time...until part of it turned to me. I guess that is what I get for being single. I suppose that allows me to understand them more and maybe even helps them understand me more. Also probably makes me seem younger. I'm so glad that I decided to go in early. ((Even though I froze on Thursday night. Thank you Danielle for offering at 2 am to share your sleeping bag. It was only then that I was able to get a few hours of sleep.))
Friday morning I got up and got ready and hiked to the village to meet up with my group for the trip that I've planned for the last 3 out of 4 years.
Hanging out at Havasu Falls with Sister Ames, Tori and Danielle.

1 comments:
i'll bet that was a fun youth activity for them to do, lucky kids
Post a Comment