It is amazing how the Spirit prepares us for things. Even though I didn't recognize the signs the first time, over 8 years ago, I recognized them this time. They were so much the same. For at least 5 months I've felt/known there was a change coming. Even though I had strong ideas and feelings, I kept wondering if I were just flat out wrong. This is something that you don't really want to verbalize, because people would think you were nuts and then know you were nuts if you were wrong:-). What would happen if I were taken out of YW completely? I was a little off, though I'm relieved and fully see why I am where I am. Unlike the last time when I was the "p" word, this time I will serve as the 1st Counselor in the Young Women's Presidency. I'm so excited. I love the young women so much. I get to stay with my Miamaids. I think they are excited too. I did have a few Laurels ask me today why I couldn't come with them and I told them then I'd have to be the "p" word again and there is a BIG reason that Julie is in that place now. Almost all the Laurels were my Miamaids when I became their advisor 2 years ago. It amazes me how time flies. I am also looking forward to working with Kristen. I don't know her very well, but I'm so excited to be able to serve with both of them.
I am happy for Lori and sad for myself that I won't get to serve in YW with her anymore. She is a large part of why I felt comfortable in this ward. I love her so much. She was so awesome for our girls. I look forward to continuing our friendship, though I won't get to see her as much.
These are happy, sad, scary and exciting times. Stay tuned for updates...here we go!!!
Maybe this time I'll actually get to be married before all of my young women:-). You probably think that is funny, but oh how true it is. I'm just so grateful that our Heavenly Father and the Lord know me well enough to hand pick the perfect trials for me. Some day I'd like to know what they are thinking with the "being single until I'm 80" thing, but for now...I'm just content feeling blessed with what I DO have, not with the one and only thing I'm lacking!
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Busy Sunday...New Calling
at 3:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I am thrilled that you are staying in YW and that you are staying with the Mia Maids. You are an amazing example of all that is good to my daughter! Knowing that you, Liz and Bonnie will lead, teach and love Kaleigh for the next two years affords me a great deal of peace!
Thank you Alison. I'm grateful to have your daughter in Miamaids. She is awesome and a lot of fun and I look forward to getting to know her better. She reminds me a lot of myself at that age. Ok...so that sounds funny. I by no means thought I was great at that age, but we have a lot of common interests. Is that the right way to say it?
I was just getting ready to email you a "congrats"...but decided to check your blog first. I'm so excited for you (and a tiny bit jealous - I REALLY miss that ward)! The new YW presidency will be awesome. Good luck! Miss you all!
I'm so excited for you! And guess what? Just before i came out to Santa Fe I was called to be the YW first counselor as well! We'll have to swap stories and ideas. :)
Thank you Alyssa and Em. I can't believe we have the same calling. I have 2 cousins here that are in YM too. We should all swap ideas. I'm so excited. You need to call me sometime when you have a minute in Santa Fe!!!
Post a Comment