Saturday, April 11, 2009

Janelle's Having "Fun With 31"

My cool friend Janelle is doing this really cool challenge for herself. It really is a cool idea that puts herself RIGHT OUT THERE! Have no fear! Way to go Janelle! (I wouldn't have the guts to do the same) Janelle is one of the nicest and funniest people that I know. If you know of any single guys, especially those in the Vegas area, please keep her in mind {me too, me too ;-) but not in Vegas}. Please check out the following and take a few minutes to click on her link below. Keep checking back on her website for updates on how her dates are going. (Following from Janelle)
31 dates in 31 days

Alright it's official, I am completely insane. My phenomenal friend Andrea is always looking out for me, not in an annoying way, just in a helping way. She is always helping me find men, and I really appreciate it. So, she sent me a blog link a while back about a 31 year old girl going on 31 dates in 31 days. Which isn't my idea of fun....but the more I started reading it the more I thought "this would be good for me".

Why?
1. Because I disdain dating. Really. I do. I don't like the false pretenses. I hate the game. I hate the pressure.

2. Having said that, I put too much pressure on dating. A date is just two people getting to know each other better. And if they want to know more, they go on another date. And another. And another. That's all.

3. I don't really have a strong outlet anymore to meet men, so this will help me find some of them out there.

4. I don't think I am a very good date. I probably am, but I don't think I am. So practice makes perfect, right?and...

5. It'll make a really great story one day. And I'll do anything for a good story! ;)

How?
1. I need your help. I REALLY need your help!!

2. I am just depending on people I know to set me up with people they know or kinda know! :)

3. If you know of any single men that would be willing to be one of the "31" now is your chance to set me up with them! Obviously, they have to agree to be "blogged" about and have a fun polaroid pic of them on the internet.

4. If you have a blog, will you blog about it? If you have friends, will you tell them?

5. If you have a guy in the ward, give him my website. If you are in the ER with your child and the doc or firefighter is cute, nice, fun and single...see if he's up for the challenge!

6. I have no idea how I am going to find 31 men! So any help would be great. The dating starts April 27th-May27th.

7. I don't have qualifiers on the men. The purpose is just to date.

8. The rules and everything else is on my website www.funwith31.com Ha! I have a website!

What's in it for you??
1. Daily entertainment at my expense!

2. And..My readers get to pick my 2nd date. (I'll really need my friend's help on that one!)

Alright, family and friends...let's date!

www.funwith31.com

Spread the word!! It's going to be interesting!! :)
Janelle

4 comments:

janelle said...

Thanks, Nilda!! This should be exciting! I like the idea of bringing one of the 31ers to Havasupai! :) Baptism by fire!

Nilda Noel said...

Seriously! Though we are a pretty fun group of people. ;)

Alison said...

SHUT UP!!!! I got a link to Janelle's post from my friend Jane, who lives in Utah.

I've made an 'introduction' to Janelle with a good friend of mine who lives in Vegas... hoping he'll make a fun date for her!!

Stinkin' small world. And I just got clearance from Janelle to post this on my *Laugh* blog.

What a small, small world!

kate said...

that looks awesome...you should totally do it!!