Wednesday night was an absolute "ball". The MiaMaids were in charge and we did Human Fooseball (or as I like to say, Hooman Fooseball). It was something my Single's Ward did a few years back and everyone had a ton of fun. I'll have to admit that I was a little worried due to all the weird looks I had at the beginning, but as evidence by the videos below, a ton of fun once they got started. It amazes me how competitiveness comes out and how those that are athletic and not both enjoyed themselves and got into it. It was hilarious to watch.
It may be one of the easiest activities to plan and set up (a little blue painters tape to mark the lines, a soccer ball and a few tables to make the goals, done. You can also use pc pipe or dowels to space people if you want, but it works just holding hands too (one line took some convincing of this). Clean up is even easier.
At the end of the night I'm sure we had some sore feet and some bruises. Today likely even more soreness and bruises. BUT I'm sure it was worth it. Next time they'll remember to wear proper shoes.
I took pictures, but the videos turned out so much better. I hope you enjoy them and get a chuckle or two.

5 comments:
I've heard the stories.
I've seen the bruises.
And now, thanks to you, I've seen the game.
What a fun idea!
I remember when we did this in the Singles Ward. SO FUN!!! If only we had enough youth to pull it off. Don't you love being in Young Women's?
That looks like fun. Are Corey and Free Moyes young men in your ward? They went to the school I taught in Peoria.
I loved that activity! Although the line I was in probably didn't like that I was with them because I would 'dodge' the ball instead of trying to hit the ball!!! haha! Oh...and I say hooman instead of human too! :)
We tried this in our ward. Sounds fun, but our kids turned it into too rough of a game. Can't do it again.
Post a Comment