Sunday, April 26, 2009

Grand Canyon

This years annual Grand Canyon trip included Darin, Carey, Russ, Jen, Eric & Elisha Perkins, Kaylin, Ryan and me:) They were a fun group to do the Canyon with. It was awesome! Headed down the trail. This year the decision was to do Grand Canyon a little earlier (which made me happy as it is cooler). The North Rim wasn't open yet so we decided to do rim to river to rim.


Before we started at Yaki Point (South Kaibab Trailhead)...We went down the South Kaibab Trail...

Across the South Kaibab Bridge...

Between the bridges near Phantom Ranch... Took a quick break to fill up with water at the bottom...Across the Bright Angel Bridge on the way back up... Had lunch at the ramada about 1 1/2 miles after crossing the Colorado, but just as you stop following the Colorado...Minus the memories of the last time I hiked the Grand Canyon when having issues of heat exhaustion/stroke, I'm glad I did it again. (Maybe some day I'll blog about that experience, but I'm too far behind right now.)
I can NEVER get over the beauty of the Grand Canyon!!! Which is the reason why I keep going back. I swore I wouldn't do it again, but I'm 99.9% sure I will:)
That is the reason I know that we have a Creator! I'm grateful to Him every day! AMAZING!!!!

1 comments:

Darin said...

Glad you were with us this year, Nilda. Always good to hike with you!