Sunday, April 5, 2009

Cotton Candy Take 2

I helped contribute to a Customer Appreciation Day with Luke Shafer of American Family. He is awesome and I love him and his wife (not to mention there adorable little girl). My contribution...cotton candy. For those that have been following me for awhile, cotton candy #1 was a couple years ago. It is so much fun and everyone loves it...especially the adults who reminisce being young once. This picture is from Kim, Luke's wife. The picture I had (2nd one) my sister took for me, but my eyes are closed (I'm good at that). It was a fun filled day with pizza, cotton candy, chair massages, giveaways and a couple bouncers.

At one time I had a line of about 10-12 kids waiting for cotton candy. I couldn't make it fast enough. Some wanted it is bags and some (mostly adults) wanted it on the cone (stick). The adults refused to stand in line, but trust me, when the line went away they would sneak up and grab one:)
My sister and mom came to support me and Nevaeh kept asking to help make cotton candy. Due to the hot sugar I didn't let her do it on her own, but boosted her up and she watched it. I think that was what kids were amazed of...pour the sugar in and it comes out as a...
...cloud. This picture is my favorite. The cloud of cotton candy just kept coming.
Now onto the real fun and the main reason Nevaeh and Kohlton enjoyed the day...
Kohlton is so adorable, even in a bouncer with a sucker in his mouth (where is his mom? oh, taking the picture) He was in the bouncer most of the time with the big kids and when he'd get pushed over, just got up and went again. A true Hitchcock! Doesn't let anyone keep him down!!!Nevaeh discovered that a blanket made going down the slide go faster. Here is one of her and Kohlton together.I know...you'd think they were my kids. They aren't, but I couldn't love them anymore if they were! Kohlton is at the stage that he LOVE, LOVE, LOVES his Aunt Nilda.

What did I get out of the day? A lot of smiles, laughs, a pizza and a nice lobster red sunburn! Yeah, sugar collected on the arms to the point of glistening, no sunscreen and 2 hours of sun without sunscreen and another hour of sun with sunscreen doesn't mix well with my red hair and very ivory skin. This picture doesn't do it justice. It was the worst sunburn I've had in so many years I couldn't remember. The pealing is almost over:)

2 comments:

Christine said...

One of the clubs I belonged to made cotton candy at football games in high school. I remember how the candy would get everywhere but how nice I smelled afterwards. :) Looks like you had a ton of fun.

Anonymous said...

How did you not get a picture of me here too? Just kidding. Love, Mom