On my craziest Saturday of the year I left Julie and Jason's wedding in Avondale and headed off to see Kaleigh play in her Olympic Training Club soccer game (I think that is what it was). It was in Scottsdale. I knew it would be a tight squeeze in making it, but I really wanted to watch her play again. I talked to my sister Deanna the whole way, which was awesome and kept my nerves of how long it was taking to a minimum. I knew I was late (which I pretty much knew would happen unless the wedding took 5 minutes and I left immediately after).
I was lucky enough to get there for the 2nd half. I got to watch Kaleigh play for 15 minutes and she scored 4 GOALS!!! Yes, that is right, SHE WAS ON FIRE! Everything she touched turned to gold. It was so fun and I had such a great time hooting and hollering for her. I even got asked if I was her mother. Don't worry, it actually didn't make me feel old, (I am technically old enough to be her mom), and I didn't claim her because I figured Alison might get upset (JK). BUT you don't have to be a mom to be proud of someone and I surely was proud of Kaleigh. Not just because she scored so much, but because she gives it her all and goes after what she wants...the goal.
It so reminded me of when I played sports and supporting Blair and Laura when they played. I wasn't even embarrassed to root for her among those obviously wanting the other team to win. It was okay, I had more to be excited about and in the end...Kaleigh's 4 goals took her team from being tied at 2-2 to winning 6-2. Her teammates helped in that. They could read where she wanted the ball and she can out run probably anyone.
I think she sees me:) JK. I was just happy to get a picture of her facing me, unlike the last game I went to.It was very bright that day. It was hard to sit out there and watch. This picture shows how much worse it must have been for the players because they had to face the sun and I could turn away from it.
Off she goes...
Yes...that is our #2 scoring. (See the ball in the goal.) GOLDEN!
For some reason blogger doesn't like to publish my posts that have pictures of Kaleigh in them. This is the 2nd one and both make my blog not show up. Alison??? Hopefully I'll get it figured out. It is driving me nuts!!!
Stay tuned for the completion of my busiest Saturday ever when I post my notes from Elder Nelson coming to our Stake Conference.
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Seriously Kaleigh!
at 8:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
ahhhhhhhh... what an awesome post!!! thank you so much for loving and supporting my kid.
Post a Comment