Saturday, March 14, 2009

Finally Found It

I've been looking for almost 2 years for the perfect thing to go between my two windows in my living room. I had a wonderful picture of Christ holding a lamb, but it was too small and didn't fit just right. At a bridal shower for a friend, someone gave her a rod iron "Love". I thought it was awesome and asked where she got it. She got it at Pier 1 and that they also had the words Live and Laugh. On my way home from the shower I went to Pier 1 to see if they had any. Unfortunately they were all out, but a sales lady said they were getting in a shipment soon and said she would call me when they came in. As 3 weeks had passed I assumed she forgot. Well, on one glorious Friday night I got a message saying, they are in. After hiking on Saturday morning I headed to Pier 1 (all sweaty) to get my words. I was also lucky enough to find these cool iron side things that I think complete the look. Yes, my OCD friends, I am working on "dotting the i". Here is the end result:
Funny how after searching for 2 years I found 2 things that I loved. I also found this cool mirror on clearance that I loved. It doesn't match my living room (not that there is any more room to put it) or my bedroom. However, I'm thinking of maybe doing one of the other bedrooms around it. I cannot decide as I also love soft turquoise and brown together. We'll see. It was a good enough deal that I think I'll keep it even if it resides in a closet for awhile. Some day I will have a bigger home and will regret not having it if I take it back.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Nice! I need to come see your house sometime! :)

Christine said...

I love it too and I can't believe what a deal the words were. They look so much more expensive!! You have great taste. :)

heidi said...

i love it, it looks great