Sunday, March 8, 2009

Asthma Returns With a Vengance

It is almost the one year anniversary of receiving the wonderful news (not so much) of having Asthma. I'll admit that I was hoping it was a one year thing and that it wouldn't repeat itself. The medication for 30 days is enough to buy me one very nice pair of jeans (why do they call them a pair when there is only one of them?). After having issues not breathing for a couple weeks and realizing I was sucking (not literally) on my fast-acting inhaler way too much, I took what I had left of my prescription from last year (milking it for every dollar I spent) and hoped it would be enough to get it under control. No luck. I then bit the very large bullet and went and got a refill. When the pharmacist employee told me the price he looked at me like I would object. (Yes, I have insurance) My response, "It's okay, I guess I need to breathe." Not even a smile. Are you kidding me?! I thought it was pretty funny. Sad that I put the price on breathing better by way of how many pairs of jeans I could buy if I didn't have to breathe:). Good news...breathing better again. Thank heavens for good medication to help out when needed.

1 comments:

Christine said...

Yea, I would say breathing is pretty important. :)