Just say NO to drugs! So a little more about the prescription drug that gave me a VERY BAD reaction. Make sure to research the prescriptions that your doctor (or in this case, the hospital) give you BEFORE you take them. I'd say don't just read what the government puts about them, but about how others have reacted to it. I know that some would call this one a miracle drug (might be for some), but others called it "an evil drug that they shouldn't be allowed to prescribe". If I was to write out all the severe side effects of this drug...I could pretty much go down and check off every one of them as having happened to me. I started having some of them within 24 hours, but didn't recognize them and figured it had something to do with the allergic reaction to the candy, not the drug. I took the drug 6 days before I realized it was the drug that was making me worse (at least it and the Benadryl helped the hives get a little better). Bad stuff! It took 5 days after I stopped taking it before I could see signs of it getting out of my system and another couple before I really was back to some sort of normal.
I know not all drugs (prescribed ones) are bad, but just be aware...that is my warning.
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Just Say NO!
at 10:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
What drug was it? I am curious so I can be aware. :)
Prednisone. It really can be a miracle drug for some. I guess it works really well for those that have some cancers (like lupus) and bad arthritis (sp?). My boss gets the injections and it doesn't effect her at all. However, for those that have a reaction to it...it is a bad one. I just wished they would have gave me a warning and said, some have a bad reaction to this...if you have these side effects STOP taking it and go to your doctor right away!
Yikes Nilda! I am just glad you were able to figure out what it was. Sounds miserable!
Post a Comment