I've had a number of people ask me how my cousin Alisa is doing, so I thought I'd post a little update. I got to spend a Sunday afternoon with Alisa and her family a week after I got home from Montana. It was so nice to visit and catch up with her. I shared the photos I had from part of her family's vacation (I didn't go to Yellowstone with them...had to get back to work).
I'll admit my favorite part was seeing her back to normal. I love her personality and how giving she is. It has been very humbling for her to have to LET people help her. She is a helper. Always wants to do things for other people. She got a little payback, though I for sure have a long way to go before I break even! She still has a long road ahead of her. It will be mid-late September before she's allowed to put any weight on it (12 straight weeks total with zero weight). She does some physical therapy at home now and once she can put weight on it, they'll have her do some with a physical therapist. It actually looks very good. He did an amazing job with the stitches. I expected it to be deep red and swollen, not at all. She's hoping to be able to do Havasupai with us next year. She can do it...she doesn't give up easy! I'm sure right now she'll just be happy to walk on it...
I'll update again in another month or so.
Saturday, July 26, 2008
A Day with Alisa
at 6:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment