Sunday, August 3, 2008

Breaking Dawn

I absolutely loved it! No big surprises for me as most of it I had predicted before I started reading it. She has a way of writing to pull you into the story. I read it in just over 24 hours from purchasing it.
Here is my Breaking Dawn experience. I will eventually post about the book with spoilers, but not in this one.

9:00 pm: Laura and I went to Borders for the Breaking Dawn party. Here is Laura with a star on her forehead. We were playing some trivia and she was showing off her first star.
Laura hiding her laughing face as she was learning some phrases to know in French. I'm not sure what they were thinking when they wrote this book...but there were phrases I'm sure you wouldn't need to know that were in there. Because I was the one to reserve the books they gave me 2 wristbands to show where I was suppose to be in line (not sure if you can tell there is 2). I had 37 & 38. We were laughing because I was saying I was buying two copies because I wanted to read it twice. So...that is why two fingers are up. It was fun to goof off...especially after not feeling like "myself" for 7 full days. This was my first semi-normal evening in a week and I'm grateful because I had a blast. It was also nice to smile again. Laura & I just before midnight. I meant to take a picture of the line and we also saw some of my young women there (Leah & her mom Laura, Alyssa, Candice and their mom Julie and a couple other friends). I had forgotten to take a picture after being so excited to get home and start reading.
12:10 am: Laura and I leave Borders
12:15 am: Laura drops me off at home
12:45ish am: I start reading
2:30ish am: Laura texts to say she is going to go to bed
5:54am: I am too tired to continue reading...must take a short nap (not TOO tired to stop to take 3 pictures)
5:55 am: My bathroom window
5:56 am: Looking out my back window
5:58 am: Head hits the pillow
5:58 1/2 am: I'm asleep...quickest I've ever fallen asleep :)
9:30 am: Look at the clock and think I can wake up enough to read
2:30ish pm: Laura texts to see if i can watch the kids but says she can get a babysitter if I don't want to. I don't get to see her kids as much, so I'm excited and say yes.
4:30ish pm: Laura drops off the kids
The kids are hungry. I fed Kohlton chicken, potatoes and cooked carrots. I guess he wasn't too hungry because as I was cooking Nevaeh's choice of Mac & Cheese I came out to check on Kohlton and this is what I saw.
I finished cooking for Nevaeh and then cleaned up Kohlton's mess (putting him in time out while I did. He sat there for almost a minute and then looked up at me as he started to get up. I thought it was pretty good for a 1 year old.)
About 15 minutes later this is what I found:You'll have to watch the video at the bottom to fully appreciate this moment. I may have panicked about my chairs, but no worries here...they are being redone. I was laughing so hard. He was really trying to eat the Mac & Cheese with a spoon. Not much getting in his mouth.
7:00 pm: Kohlton is down for the night
8:30 pm: Nevaeh is out for the night
In the 4 hours that they were awake I managed to read 2 pages total. I started at it again. I can't remember when Laura came to pick them up, but I warned her that I'd be anxious for her to pick them up and leave quick because I wanted to finish before I went to bed. She was good and was there and gone in 5 minutes. I was so tired, but I could see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm not a speed reader. I'm not slow, but I also read so that I don't miss things. I even went back a few pages a couple times when I was reading too quick trying to get to the end.
1:59 am: I'm done...run grab camera and take 1 picture
2:01 am: I'm in bed, I'm sure I was out pretty quickly thereafter...but I dreamt of BD all night.
7:30 am: Up to get ready for church...half asleep...but happy I finished.
Read a future post for spoilers and my take on certain things in the book...including what I though was going to happen before I even purchased it.

1 comments:

heidi said...

lol, that video of him is pretty funny