Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Havasupai Flood

I'll assume by now you've seen some video or pictures on the news of what has happened with the flooding at Havasupai. It saddens me to see the videos of one of my favorite places. I have so many memories in Havasupai...many from 2 months ago. Shortly after my trip there in June of 2001, I moved to Arizona. I know it is nature running its course and I also know it will return to a beautiful place with its blue-green water. I'll be anxious to see what changes took place when I return for my 5th trip in June of 2009 (4th in 5 years).
Here is a link that shows Havasu Falls. Compare it to what the same shot looked like in June of this year.
This is another video from the view coming over Havasu Falls and also shows Mooney Falls. Below is a picture taken from above Havasu Falls this June and then a picture of Mooney Falls.

If I find any more good links I'll add them to this post.

6 comments:

janelle said...

Great footage!! It is crazy...well at least there is ONE thing that didn't happen to us while we were there! ;)

Nilda Noel said...

LOL. So true. The one and ONLY thing that didn't happen!

Holly said...

Wow. I had no idea until I saw your blog. Thanks for writing about it. It is sad to see the blue water gone.

heidi said...

no way!!! i hadn't heard about this, i can't believe how yuckie that water looks. it doesn't even look remotely like the same place

Miken Harding said...

I'm jealouse you got to go-I lived there my whole life and never knew about them till we moved away. I suck!

The Williamses said...

Hey there... yeah, I thought of you when they talked about the falls and the flooding. I know it's one of your favorite places--it'll get back how its supposed to be. Maybe even better, who knows. Heavenly Father only blesses UP and He certainly had to love this place to make it so beautiful, right?