Monday, May 12, 2008

Temples

I had the privilege of teaching a lesson to the young women on temples yesterday. Words cannot describe my love for the temple. I used to teach temple prep a couple years ago for about a year in the Single's Ward before moving into CW. One of my 2 favorite callings. I had so much fun preparing this lesson. I also went through and found the pictures from the day I went through. They are not digital, so I cannot post them, however they are very special to me. I remember that day like it was yesterday. It was eight years ago, April 29, 2ooo. I took an insurance test in the morning and received my endowment that afternoon. I was grateful that the stress of my test and passing it put me at ease for one of the most important and special days of my life. My mom was my escort and my father was also there. My home teacher and his wife also came and that was special to me. I told very few people it was happening, so it was small, but special. I remember all the little details of that day, though I won't bore you:-). I remember walking into the celestial room and the Spirit whispering, "This is what it is all about". I say whisper, though it was a very bold statement that I heard and felt to the core, then and do now. Really, it is what it is all about. I don't think I've ever seen a more beautiful celestial room than that of the Billings Montana temple. That will forever be my favorite temple. I used to dream of being sealed there one day. Now that I've lived in Arizona so long, that may never come true. It isn't the place, it is THE PLACE. Whether I get married in Billings, Mesa, or any other temple, it is the fact that I WILL someday be married in A temple that matters to me most!

The Billings Montana Temple: My favorite temple. Where I received my endowment.
The Cardston Alberta Temple: The temple district I lived in while I lived in Montana. Where my parents were sealed.
The Salt Lake Temple: The icon of temples. Probably seen by more people and photographed more than any other temple. I'm sure the most recognized temple.The San Diego Temple: The temple that reminds me that we are princes and princesses.

5 comments:

Miken Harding said...

Wow...we we through a week apart-I beat ya! I went through on the 22nd. That's awesome! I'm glad your doing good. Sorry we missed each other, I'm coming back in August I think; let's do lunch!

Carroll Farm said...

Wow, great pictures of the temples. I agree. SLC Temple is probably the most well known temple. :)

Nilda Noel said...

That is pretty cool that it was that close together. I guess if you're going to beat me at something, that is an okay thing to beat me at. Give me a heads up in an email or phone message when you know when you'll be here.

Thanks Lacy.

heidi said...

beautiful, i'll bet it was a great leason. i'm excited to go to the cardston temple with my mom & dad and the collins this summer, should be really nice

Danette said...

Beautiful post!! I love your testimony and the pictures.