I flew to Colorado on Thursday night to visit my brother Karlen and his family. I was VERY happy that I didn't repeat my painful experience that I had on my flight to Oregon. I was again traveling to be the supportive Aunt. It was a very productive trip. I worked remotely on Friday and managed to stay focused for 6 hours straight before taking a break to shower and wrap up a few loose ends.
Jordan (16) was in a school play, MASH, on Friday and Saturday night. There was no pictures allowed, so I'll have to wait until the DVD comes out to post anything. He did such an awesome job!!! He had the whole play memorized. I'm told they called him the "one man play". He could help others with their lines and filled in for those missing during practice.
Braden (14) was suppose to play basketball on Saturday, but he broke his wrist a week prior. We still watched his team play for support. He plays on a rec league team and also the Gold Crown Team (competitive league).
Ethan (11 I think, just had a birthday) had a basketball game on Saturday also. Due to it overlapping with Brianna I only got to see the last 1:12 of the game. His team won on a last second shot in which Ethan got an assist. Way to go. He is #2.
Brianna (8?) is in 3rd grade and she is enjoying playing basketball. Her team played a very good 3rd grade team all dressed in pink and black. It was very fun to watch her and remember what it was like to "learn" the game. She made her free throw and she also made a shot in the game. She is #2.
Tara (6?) She does a very good job at dribbling without looking. She isn't old enough to be on a team yet, but she will surely give them a run for their money when she is. Below is her practicing with both hands.
Hide and Seek: This is so cute. Brianna and Tara hid and it took me awhile to find Tara. I walked past the linen closet which was open and pushed it to shut. When I walked through it was moving open and thinking I'd missed seeing her the first time I roared as I finished opening it. I still didn't see her. It took me a few minutes more to find her and she was up on the top shelf. I wouldn't have even though to look there had the door not pushed itself open a 2nd time...I think she was about to give up on me :).
Tara (6?) She does a very good job at dribbling without looking. She isn't old enough to be on a team yet, but she will surely give them a run for their money when she is. Below is her practicing with both hands.
Hide and Seek: This is so cute. Brianna and Tara hid and it took me awhile to find Tara. I walked past the linen closet which was open and pushed it to shut. When I walked through it was moving open and thinking I'd missed seeing her the first time I roared as I finished opening it. I still didn't see her. It took me a few minutes more to find her and she was up on the top shelf. I wouldn't have even though to look there had the door not pushed itself open a 2nd time...I think she was about to give up on me :).
Toenails: Brianna and Tara were glad that Aunt Nilda brought her nail stuff this time (won't forget again after having to do some makeshifting in August when I didn't bring it). They got their toes and fingernails done for the 4th time...it has become tradition. Tara wanted to take her shoes and socks off all the time to show them off. I'm not so good at fingernails...so they were sports for wanting me to do them and were even better for thinking that I did a good job with the red sparkly designs. The pictures may not show very well as they are bright.
I always have a good time when I go to see them. I've been to Colorado 3 times in the last 15 months. I'm not always that good, but with Thanksgiving, the Longs Peak hike and this sports weekend it adds up. I'm happy that I can get a reasonable Southwest ticket. Karlen and Jeri are awesome. I feel at home and they always seem happy to see me come. I'll try to get the pictures off their camera that have Braden and Jordan on them.
Remind me not to take the late flight home again. I'm not sure what I was thinking, but my flight left Denver about 9 pm and I got into Phoenix just after 11 and home just after midnight. I changed and went to bed, didn't even wash my face. I was exhausted!!!

1 comments:
you are such a good aunt. that's so fun of you to go out and hang out and show your support
Post a Comment