Sunday, November 2, 2008

Back to Hiking

I was able to hike 4 days this week...4!!! A total of 16 miles, but it gets dark too early after work to do more than 4 miles. Sometimes, when I don't have time to hike for awhile I wonder why I love it so much. Then, when I FINALLY get to do it constantly...I REMEMBER!!! I'm so glad the weather is cooling off. Though Saturday it got a bit warm for me to hike in the sun without any shade for relief. I hiked the mountain twice, but wanted to do it three times. I figured I best listen to my overheated body. Why is it that Arizona doesn't know how to be in the 70's and 80's during the day?!?!?! I ran into a friend on the trail Saturday. Darin is an Arizonan...so I'm sure he fared better than I did with the heat. Unfortunately a small 3 year old boy looked blood red in the face and was coughing because he needed water. As I was about to ask if they were out of water one of the two men he was with gave him a small drink. I sure wish that adults that hike with children would give them a small water bottle of their own if you're going to take them when it is that hot outside. That or make them drink often. If strangers notice there is an issue before you do, that is so sad...and dangerous!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Ooooh, I would have told off the adults! That poor little one.

Darin said...

Nilda, it was great to see you on the trail. Darin