Sarita was not only one of my Beehives in Montana when I was YW President, but she was also one of my Primary kids. I had her the year she was 7 turning 8. I know I have a picture somewhere, but didn't look for it. I was so excited to be invited to her reception, which was in Tempe. They were married in the San Diego Temple a couple days before.
A little photo opt with my date before we left. Thank you Neveah for again being my date to something I didn't want to go alone too. You looked absolutely beautiful! Kohlton wasn't my date, but he is one of the cutest little boys I've ever seen. He never did quite look at the camera, but still my favorite little man!
Like most men, he loves food. Before I left he had some pudding. Absolutely adorable!
Sarita & I (She even found the picture I was referring to above and put it in her wedding video. It made me feel special!) It was so good to see her and she makes an absolutely beautiful bride!
JC (Jacinta) is her older sister and was one of my Laurels. She made me smile and laugh then and she makes me smile and laugh still.
All of us together. It was so great to see them both, and their awesome mother.
Nevaeh found some little boys to play with and climb trees. She did SO good the whole time. I couldn't believe how she made little friends and let me stay for almost the whole luau.
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Congratulations Sarita & Tom
They had a luau, which was such a great idea for an Arizona reception this time of year. They had candles and sea shells on the tables. Neveah enjoyed listening to the sea.
Neveah by the lake.
They had a full luau, with all the dancers and all the Pacific Islands' dances represented. Tom's grandpa is Elder Groberg, of The Other Side of Heaven and Tom too served his mission in the Pacific Islands. (His grandpa was very welcoming, though I didn't know who he was until later on.) This is the men learning a war dance. Talk about good laughs!!!
Towards the end Neveah was tired. Here is a picture we took of ourselves while watching the dancing.
The women learning their dance.
Bride & Groom
Dancer
Bride & Groom watching the dancers.
JC making me smile.
Loved this picture of the fire dancer. Take a look at the video below if you have a few minutes. He was really good.
One of my favorite receptions ever!
at 10:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That sounds like quite the par-tay! I am glad you had fun and a hot date too. :)
Wow! What a luau! Sound like a lot of fun.
That looks like the funnest reception! I obviously haven't been reading blogs in a while... I'm having to catch up on everyone! Fun stuff on yours!
Post a Comment