




Laura needed to get out of town and so I decided to be spontaneous and I did what I used to do when she lived with me one summer while she was in high school. I told her to get ready and we were leaving in 30 minutes. I wasn't sure where we were going, but we were going somewhere. After reviewing my Arizona Day Trip book, we decided to head to Tucson. I'd never been, she'd only been on quick school trip. As we were heading out of town the I-10 closed down, guess I should have checked freeway closures. The picture doesn't do it justice. We decided to bag it and do something else when we came to a complete stop. There was
IKEA, so we exited and did a little shopping. When we came out and got back on the freeway to go north, I swore we saw the same trucks as we had when we exited ;-). We then went to Freestone Park in Gilbert. If you haven't been there and you have young children, it is a fun place to go. Here is the link:
http://www.freestonerr.com/start.html . It is a huge park with a lot of grass, sidewalks, water (not to swim in), small waterfalls, ducks and a small carnival. There was a
Farris wheel,
carousel, train and another small ride. She loved it! She'd been a couple times before, but the rides were never open. We then fed the ducks bread (
Nevaeh fed them her PB&J sandwich because she thought they'd like it better than just plain bread). It is a beautiful place to take pictures too. I tried to get
Nevaeh to be my little model, she was more interested in watching the ducks. It was just fun to "get away" without really ever getting away.
3 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a good time. I'll have to check out that Freestone Park. Sounds really cool.
how fun. i wish i lived closer to family to do fun things with them
Well we're going to have some fun in Montana this summer catching up. I can hardly wait!
Post a Comment