Monday, July 13, 2009

Just A Song In My Head

Have you ever had a song in your head that just won't go away? One that seems to run over and over and over? Only this time it is one that isn't annoying me, it is making me think, in a good way. I believe that thinking is a good thing (unless it is late at night when I should be sleeping, then maybe not so good).

I was thinking how grateful I am to have the Gospel in my life. I'm so grateful for that knowledge and testimony that there is so much more to life than what we can comprehend. I'm also grateful that I don't NEED to know everything. I'm so blessed to have the truth and to know that I have the truth. I'm grateful for the Atonement. I'm grateful to know that it is there for not just me, but others. I'm grateful to know that it is there for so much more than just repentance (not that that part isn't important, because it is, but there is just so much more). I'm blessed to be part of an Eternal Family. Not just an Eternal Family, but an Eternal Family that WANTS and NEEDS to be together. I cannot even imagine being part of a better family. I'm blessed to have wonderful friends. I feel like I have been so lucky in the friends department. So much so that I hope saying it doesn't jinx it. I'm grateful for the Power of the Priesthood, the comfort it brings and the impact that it makes in my life. I think that most of all right now I'm grateful for Faith. Faith is something that I've come by easily (hopefully not jinxing that either). I consider it one of my BIGGEST gifts and blessings. Faith to know that NO matter what happens in life, that it will be okay, that it is part of the eternal process. Faith to know that I can be healed. Faith to know that the sun will rise tomorrow, as it should. Faith to know that I have a Father in Heaven that is IN CONTROL. Because he is in control, I don't always have to be. Faith to know that I have an older brother, Jesus Christ, that is there for me NO MATTER WHAT. Faith is a wonderful thing. It will all work out. If I do my part and do my best, the rest will come. Today, the thing I'm most excited and grateful about knowing is that tomorrow WILL come. Can it get any better than knowing that my tomorrow WILL come? Right now, no, there is not!

Want to know what song is running through my mind?

"If Today Was Your Last Day" by Nickelback.

My best friend gave me the best advice
He said each day's a gift and not a given right
Leave no stone unturned, leave your fears behind
And try to take the path less traveled by
That first step you take is the longest stride

If today was your last day and tomorrow was too late
Could you say goodbye to yesterday?
Would you live each moment like your last
Leave old pictures in the past?
Donate every dime you had, if today was your last day?
What if, what if, if today was your last day?

Against the grain should be a way of life
What's worth the price is always worth the fight
Every second counts 'cause there's no second try
So live like you're never living twice
Don't take the free ride in your own life

If today was your last day and tomorrow was too late
Could you say goodbye to yesterday?
Would you live each moment like your last?
Leave old pictures in the past?
Donate every dime you had?

And would you call those friends you never see?
Reminisce old memories?
Would you forgive your enemies?
And would you find that one you're dreaming of?
Swear up and down to God above
That you'd finally fall in love if today was your last day?

If today was your last day
Would you make your mark by mending a broken heart?
You know it's never too late to shoot for the stars
Regardless of who you are

So do whatever it takes
'Cause you can't rewind a moment in this life
Let nothing stand in your way
'Cause the hands of time are never on your side

If today was your last day and tomorrow was too late
Could you say goodbye to yesterday?
Would you live each moment like your last?
Leave old pictures in the past?
Donate every dime you had?

And would you call those friends you never see?
Reminisce old memories?
Would you forgive your enemies?
And would you find that one you're dreaming of
Swear up and down to God above
That you'd finally fall in love if today was your last day?
(End lyrics)

Isn't it beautiful...simply beautiful. I hope I can better live my life. I pray that we all can. Life was meant to be lived...to the fullest.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Nilda, you are lucky to have that song running through your head. I usually have something from Disney Channel.
I looove Nickelback. Thanks for putting the lyrics up and this wonderful post.

Anonymous said...

I don't think I know this song...I will just have to download it to enjoy it! And YES I CONSTANTLY have crap in my head that gets me thinking and keeps me awake...it's actually very annoying sometimes =)

Flo said...

I nilda, You did such a good job. I have tried to enter a comment before and I didn´t do something right. Hopefully it will work this time. Write to us. Also, check our blog at dfbelnap.blogspot.com We´d love to hear how you are doing. Love Aunt Florence

Emster said...

Good to hear from you. :~) Seems like you are doing well at least from your blog. Glad you found us. We'll have to keep in touch.